RE: Temp sender on 164, possible wire problem

>If yours is the 12 valve engine, I may have a fix. The thermostat
>housing should have an earth wire fixed to it. When cold the other
>ensor, the two wire one, seems to leak volts to the housing. Replace the
>earth wire and you should have a cure. It worked on mine, anyway.>>
>
>--
>jonathan coates
>Huddersfield UK
>164L
>33 Wagon
>75 TS
>Alfetta GTV2000

Thanks Jonathon.  I checked mine and I have only eight valves.  On the
assumption that that is the problem I'm in the process of buying one with 24
valves.  The temperature sender on that should surely work!

More seriously, the 2 litre engine appears to have the senders directly into
the head casting but I do wonder if the earth link is not 100% ( I notice
that the temp guage is reading low as well).  I'll check that out at the
weekend.