Temp sender on 164, possible wire problem

I recently had a similar problem with the warning light showing
intermittently   I was told that very rarely do the sender units go bad,
however, there was a problem with the factory wiring harness.   The harness
is a little too short which stresses the connector and associated wire.

The shop that I talked with recommended checking the connector and wire and
their "fix" was to splice in a few inches of wire  going to the sensor.

It was good advice and after checking my connector I was able to resolve the
problem.   On my 92 it was easy to see how the wire could be stressed.

Steve Silverstein