Superpro

Some notes on bushing installation on 164:
I found it faster to just use the torch to damage the rubber enough for one to twist out the rod in one and the casing in the other.Following that grind the rubber using the wirebrush wheel on a bench grinder and the cup wire brush on a portable drilling machine for the casing.I think that one should really really be well equipped if attempting to get the old steel casing of the console bushing out.I hammered and chiseled both hot and cold for hours, to no effect.What takes care of that - i found- is a pneumatic chisel ( I borrowed the one i used but was told that it costs like $30 at Sears).
It can be tricky to put the big bushing in the casing.Mine went one easy, the other really didn't want to untill i ground a bit the shoulder.At these, the old sleeve, on the rod , stays.I was confused for a second.
Don't forget to check which way you put the bushing in the casing as it's not symmetric, as far as the holes.
I found so far that the steering is more precise but the improvements in camber are hard to see.
It's a long job to do this conversion.
Vlad
'91 164L