Re: alfa-digest V7 #1213 - Alfa Main Bearings

Russ,
    I have one more question for you. I've drilled the oil ways through the tops
of the journals(#2 & 4). Do I also have to drill the lines through the casting
perpendicular to the crank shaft. It looks as though the other three have drill
spots which have been filed while these two do not. Also if this is to be done
how do I fill the drilled areas on the side of the casting.
    On one other related issue, should i have the crank heat treated or nitrited?

    Thanks for your help,
    Mark