Bolt size and pitch question

Hello all,

  I'm ready to pull the engine and transmission out of my 88 Spider.  I=
 finally received the stand that I will be using to hold the engine aft=
er I pull it from the car and what I need to do now is buy some long bo=
lts to hold (attach?) the engine onto the=20
engine stand.  So, my question is what size bolts in terms of diameter =
and pitch are used to bolt the bell housing to the engine block on a "s=
tandard" 1988 2.0L Alfa engine?  I'll be buying "grade 8" bolts so I do=
n't have to worry about low quality bolts=20
having the potential of snapping off and allow my engine to crash to th=
e floor.
  As a side note, this is the first time I've pulled the intake manifol=
d and the other hardware off of the block and actually been able to see=
 this side of the engine.  There are so many beautifully cast aluminum =
parts on this side of the engine!  The=20
"adapter" (be kind, I'm a newbie at this engine mechanic thing and I'm =
sure there is a real name for this item) that connects the intake plenu=
m to the head, the intake plenum itself, and the castings that holds th=
e thermostat are little aluminum works of=20
art.  Just amazing.

Any information on the bolts would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,

Eric
88 Grad=