Cam cover dress-up

I spiffed up the cam covers on my Milano with wrinkle finish paint.  I started out with steel wool, then moved on to a buffing wheel, but it became apparent that a really nice chrome-like finish would be more work than I wanted to do.

So, I picked up a can of Krylon wrinkle-finish paint (black).  After several coats, the wrinkle effect came out.  Before the paint was completely cured, I used a scraper and removed the paint from the block letters.  A few hours baking in the oven, then a quick touch on the letters with a file, and they looked pretty nice.

- -Paul Witek