re: Various GTV6 questions I've had for awhile. [kindalongpost]

hi chris, mebbe i can hep ya w/a few of yer questions...
> -- I would also like to know if i removed the redline on my gtv6, what the
>limit would safely be?  I usually take it up to 5700 if im daring, and with
>my ansa exhause with no catalytic (we bought it that way) it screams
>beautifully.
=========================
the kirshtein/dimatteo mod changes the redline to 7.2k - i've had my gtwe6 up to
6.5k since that mod, my werde up to ~6.2k (taller gearing)  also, the werde mod
ecu/sparkbox is good to 6.9k.

> -- (some of these questions may seem simple but i'm still relatively new to
>the mechanics of cars)  Lately it has been taking multiple attempts to start
>my car.  The routine has become a) turn on the ignition and let it turn over
>for awhile, stop, b)try again, stop c)try again and finally start.. any ideas
>as to what could cause this?
===========================
mebbe weak battery, or perhaps fuel pump going away?  i'm guessing here...

> -- What have people found the best shocks, brake pads and rotors to be?  I
>want/need to replace the brakes and since my car is far from original would
>like to put something nice in it to boost its braking and etc power.
===================================
i like the porterfield carbon-kevlar street pads, tho some say their full-race
pads work fine on the street.  i also like the zat-sourced halcorp adjustable
shocks.  these work great w/the full shankle street-sport suspension mods.  ewe
could use 'em w/a stock suspension set-up too, cuz ewe can yust turn a li'l knob
to adjust the stiffness on 'em - 12 settings.

> -- Where can I find these fabled pandora's boxes?  And what exactly are they?
=================
that same tom-zat guy.  i've heard mixed reviews on these.  i'd go w/the
kirshtein/dimatteo mods.  it is a re-worked ecu/sparkbox mod. changes the
fuel-flow perameters & the rpm cut-off.

>> -- My GTV6 is lowered possibly as far as the torsion bars allow in the
>front... not for long.  It works fine except for the fact of a mysterious
>screw the prior owner of my car used to hold the front air plastic thing to
>the frontright wheelwell.  it rubs if i brake or turn too hard.  nothing real
>stiff suspension won't fix, but i'd rather raise it a wee bit more.
>
> -- What's the maximum wheel width someone has attempted in their gtv6?  on
>gtv6.org someone said they had 8inch wide wheels in there which would be....
>wow.. but i'd rather get input than to exhaust my part time job to save for
>this.
i'm running 225-50-15 tires on 8" wide rims, w/no rubbing on my lowered gtwe6.
BUT, my shankle street-sport set-up is a bit stiffer than stock, AND i had to
roll the rear wheel-well fender lips, and in the front, i had to cut away the
plastic airdam where it wraps inside the front of the front wheel-well.  no
wisible change from the outside - the plastic now follows the contour of the
wheel-well-lip, instead of expanding to 3"-4" wide at the bottom.  both mods
were wery easy.

good luck, hope this helps,

doug s.