Various GTV6 questions I've had for awhile. [kindalongpost]

I have lots of questions, various categories, about gtv6's that i'm hoping
everyone on this list with their vast alfa knowledge might be able to shed
some light on.

 -- I would also like to know if i removed the redline on my gtv6, what the
limit would safely be?  I usually take it up to 5700 if im daring, and with
my ansa exhause with no catalytic (we bought it that way) it screams
beautifully.

 -- (some of these questions may seem simple but i'm still relatively new to
the mechanics of cars)  Lately it has been taking multiple attempts to start
my car.  The routine has become a) turn on the ignition and let it turn over
for awhile, stop, b)try again, stop c)try again and finally start.. any ideas
as to what could cause this?

 -- I don't have problems downshifting my car much.  Of course the prior
owner of my engine/transaxle (long story) was an small time alfa racer so he
may have modified the transmission.. I don't know. [this is just for people
who asked about transmission modifications]

 -- What have people found the best shocks, brake pads and rotors to be?  I
want/need to replace the brakes and since my car is far from original would
like to put something nice in it to boost its braking and etc power.

 -- Where can I find these fabled pandora's boxes?  And what exactly are they?

 -- My GTV6 is lowered possibly as far as the torsion bars allow in the
front... not for long.  It works fine except for the fact of a mysterious
screw the prior owner of my car used to hold the front air plastic thing to
the frontright wheelwell.  it rubs if i brake or turn too hard.  nothing real
stiff suspension won't fix, but i'd rather raise it a wee bit more.

 -- What's the maximum wheel width someone has attempted in their gtv6?  on
gtv6.org someone said they had 8inch wide wheels in there which would be....
wow.. but i'd rather get input than to exhaust my part time job to save for
this.

Thanks, I'm sure i'll have more questions in a bit.
chris
chr1sm@domain.elided
www.geocities.com/balthamel_x/  (cars link)