re: 164 Radiator Warning Light

hi joe, ewe said:
>>Over the past couple of days, the radiator warning light has been coming on
sporadically in my >>164. This AM, I topped up the coolant reservoir (which was
down a bit), but now the warning >>light is on continually.

>>I assume this is because the coolant level sensor in the coolant reservoir is
shot, but would >>appreciate any insights anyone else may have. Thanks.
i assume yer correct - easy czech is to remove said sensor, turn it upside-down,
so the contacts are made, & then ewe should see the light in the dash go off...
these fail cuz the float usually stops floating...

hope this helps,

doug s.