From: bearbvd@domain.elided [mailto:bearbvd@domain.elided]
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 1999 9:22 PM
To: Cuadra; alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: 164 vs Ford SHO

At 3:30 PM 11/28/99, Cuadra wrote:
>Several months ago I had a gentleman's race with a Taurus SHO on Skyline
>Blvd just south of San Francisco. Conditions were safe -- good visibility
>and very little traffic. We were going uphill towards the Highway 1 exit. I
>could be wrong but I think the Ford engine was a detuned version of the
>Mustang V8 coupled with an automatic tranny.

To the best of my knowlege, and rather contrary to what you have
suggested--the SHO engine is a Yamaha designed & built quad cam/24 valve 3
liter V-6. I believe that the earlier, and particularly the manual tranny
equipped SHO's were delivered by Ford in a rather higher/peakier state of
tune.

Greg

 In any case, the Ford