74 Spider with "hangover"

More wonderful weekends have ensued since I last wrote and I have been
taking full advantage of the weather roads and good mechanical reliability
of my 74 US Spider DownUnder.

The only problem I have at the moment is that when I turn my driving lights
on only one light works. Then when I turn the high beam on only the opposite
headlight works and the first one fails. I know that there are separate
globes in the headlamp I am just wondering if this "drunken complexion" is
caused by an imbalance in the wiring/relays or do I just need to replace
both headlamps (purchased and installed new less than 12 months ago) ?

Please feel free to email direct simonp@domain.elided

TIA

Simon

Simon Phillips  (simonp@domain.elided)