Alfasud help

Hi all,
  I'm back on the list after quite a break 'cos I need some help with my
long-suffering '78 alfasud ti. Well, actually I need a lot of help. Are
there still any alfasud owners out there who might be able to help me?
My first query is a bit more general
  I'm trying to tune up my car to run better. It was recently adjusted
by a friend, and the float level was set too low so it cut out when
warm. We reset it and it runs OK but very rich, you can smell the petrol
fumes! I've reset it a bit lower again, but I'm a bit wary of testing it
for fear of breaking down somewhere unpleasant. Can anyone give me a bit
of a general tutorial for how to set the float level, then setting idle
speed etc. soas I can get this going a bit better? I'm not too
experienced and I've had a lot of trouble so far so any help would be
greatly appreciated.
  Second problem is more specific. I've completely smashed the entire
column switch assembly on the l side, this is the bit that houses the
indicators, light switch and so on. Anyone in Sydney, Australia, have
one of these in good condition that I could get hold of? Or know a good
place where I could get a cheap replacement?
Thanks guys
Cheers
Duncan.