Turn Signal Flasher

While working on the slow flashing turn signals in my 77 Alfetta GT, I
stopped to consider the possibility that the flasher unti was old. Just for
grins, and in between cleaning all the connections (most of which happen to
be under water leaks, hmmm...), I asked around at local auto parts stores for
a new flasher unit.

Couldn't find (or didn't trust) the units for my car at the local parts
stores so I turned to the web. I noticed that it was not listed on
Centerline's pages/catalog but was on IAP's site & catalog.

My question: why is the flasher unit for my car priced at 109USD? What is
unique about this piece that would make it so expensive?

The one that's in my car is a metal cylinder about 2 inches long and 0.75
inches in diameter. It has three electrical connections coming from it, all
on one end and oriented as to form three sides of a square.

This seems to be similar in size and shape to flashers used in other cars
from the same time period, but those are in the 5-10USD range (full retail
price). I'm apparently missing something.

Any help to be offered in explaining this?

Tom
'63 Spider
'77 Afetta GT
Seattle
Happy Turkey Day (and also very thankful for my Alfas and this digest!)