RE: Spider Hood Latch

	>The hood release on my '74 Spider isn't working.

This caught my attention, then I realised you meant the bonnet, of course!
One of the spring clamps holding down the fabric thing above my head (hood),
has split on the leading edge so the latch pops open if bumped.

I've got a replacement clamp but I can't get the old one off! It's fastened
with captive nuts under the front hood bow. I ended up with one bolt and
seized nut happily spinning inside the hood bow! The hood itself is a
disgrace so I'll probably replace it for next winter. In the meantime my
questions are:

*	Has anyone had this experience before with hood clamps?
*	When you buy a new hood do you get a new front bow (and clamps?) or
do you fix the new hood to the old bow and hardware?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Andrew A
Wellington, New Zealand