The best GTV

Imagine making many of the modifications discussed in the GTV thread to a Guilia TI.

This car was plenty of fun with its orignal 1600 engine, but the tweeked
1750 has been providing a magnificent level of smiles per mile for several
years now. It has been one of my favorite cars to drive since it first
arrived in our driveway. Its "shark's eye gray" paint and boxy looks make it seem unlikely it could "run like a scalded cat." This look has its advantages!

Step one about eight years ago, was the re-built engine: balanced, ported, polished,nitrated
crank, pitatori cams. Re-built Weber DCOE 40s. Lightened flywheel.Marelli-plex. Drum brakes switched to discs by previous owner.

Step two involved replacing the original bench seats with bucket seats with headrests--due to the stunning "whiplash" factor under acceleration.

Step three, about 18 months ago, lightened transmission gears.

Step four,this Spring, MSD ignition.

Oh yeah, still no LSD,as the owner of this vehicle (not me, I own the "pretty GTV" also balanced, ported and polished, but otherwise mechanically "stock.")
likes to burn rubber from a dead stop having never really gotten over the muscle cars of his youth.

So sometimes the best Giulia GT is a TI.