Milano ABS

Since everyone's giving their thoughts about the Milano ABS, I thought I
would give mine--actually this comes from someone else but since I'm not
naming names, I'll take credit...

After several weeks of being out of commission, my '88 Verde will finally be
picked up tonite with a brand-spankin' new ABS pump that my mechanic found
at a substantial discount.

My old pump had actually developed a pin-hole leak that was determined to be
a flaw in the factory casting.

Everytime I'd hit the pedal, fluid would spray the engine compartment.  I
still had full stopping power but once the car heated up the brake fluid
would spray out and vaporize on contact with the hot metal.  So, of course,
at stoplights I'd look like an idiot with steam coming from out of the hood.
When I told this to a co-worker (whose brother is a former Alfisti!) he
imagined other drivers looking at me thinking, "yep, another bone-head in an
Eye-talian car--that's not too surprising."

Anyway, $1400 something odd dollars later, I'm back in business.

Back to the original point...my mechanic said that he was talking with a
Bosch rep about the problems with the Milano ABS and the Bosch guy thought
that the manufacturer (ATE?) probably narrowly avoided a class-action
lawsuit because the braking system was of such poor quality.

Kit
88 Verde mit brakes