re: bad 164 flex pipe?

It could indeed be bad flex pipes, I think.  My '91 L has been making
some hissing noises from underneath recently, and while I had it in the
shop for other things last week I had the mechanic check the exhaust.
He reports that the flex pipes have a small leak somewhere, but it's in
the inner stuff and so isn't visible.  I think I'll let them rust away
for another winter and fix it in the spring.

       Jeff Matson
       Harvard, MA
       '91 164L
       '74 GTV 2000