re: Fuel Pressure

Don't know about later cars but my 76 spider has a fuel pressure
sensor and an idiot light on the dash. The light gets grounded when
you first turn the key on, then goes out. It will come back on again
when the sensor detects low fuel pressure, as under hard acceleration
or during initial cranking. The sensor is located at the output of the
second fuel filter, the one under the hood. If the wire has come off
or has broken then the light won't work. If the connection looks OK
try grounding the wire and see if your light comes on. If it does and
hasn't been on during all this then your sensor might not be working.
If it doesn't come on then you probably have a wiring problem
upstream. On my 72 GTV the fuel pressure sensor light currently
doesn't work. Junk got in my freshly refurbished tank during the
restoration including a big fat yellow jacket. My rear tank filter got
plugged as a result starving the motor. In my case the junk would
settle down when the car sat for a while then get sucked back up after
running a while. Without the fuel pressure indication this looked like
a cold/hot thing. I removed the thermostatic actuator (Spica) and
tested it in a pan of hot water. It was fine and I was stumped for a
while. Anyway a working fuel pressure indicator will tell you if she
has fuel pressure but your car still won't run.

Emmo
76 Spider
72 GTV

End of alfa-digest V7 #1147