Re: bad 164 flex pipe?

<lah@domain.elided> writes...

>I'm hearing a lot of exhaust noise from near the front of my 164S yet I
>can't see any holes.  Could the flex pipes be shot without any visible
signs?

Larry-  Is that the right forward flex pipe or the left rear? <g>

These "pipes" do fail, and will not show any obvious signs (except for
the noise).  If you can reach under the car while it is running and run
your hand over and around the flex area, you will likely feel the pulse
of the exhaust.

Make sure you are sitting down before you ask Bill to quote you a price
on a new one.  You might want to try some of the wreckers, but then you
risk that the pipe was damaged in the accident.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed