Alfa parts catalog origin

Regarding the posts about Bruce's Alfa catalog, let me correct a
misconception: I AM NOT an Alfa parts dealer. I sell tops for Alfas.. that's
it

Any inquiries we receive here about "parts" are referred to other vendors
that do indeed sell Alfa parts. My observation about the origin of Bruce's
"catalog" is not meant to be taken as "one dealer bashing another" since I am
not in competition with him for any of the products listed in that catalog!
In fact, Bruce has even offered to sell me oil filters and other parts for my
Spider!

I own a 1986 Spider Veloce and when I buy parts I get them from the same
folks that the rest of you all do with no favors asked. In this case I am
simply a "Joe Alfa parts consumer" like the rest of you.

My "beef" was that I do happen to know the person who spent literally months
of his time putting that catalog together, not only translating it from it's
original German text, but typesetting and pasting up each page one-by-one. He
spent hundreds of hours producing that catalog, was very proud of it and it
just rubbed me the wrong way that someone else (whose contribution to it was
simply sitting in front of a scanner with a copy) should attempt to take
credit for it's creation.

Best Wishes,

Ed at Caribou Imports, Inc.
www.caribou.cc