Re: Paucity of Tire Selection

Well, if you'll allow for some sacrilege, I'd suggest changing the wheels.
I just don't think you can find a truly great tire for a 14 x 5.5" rim
anymore. If you go to a 15 x 6", all sorts of possibilities open up. My
favorite is a 15 x 6 Panasport shod with 195-60-15 Yokohama AVSi's. The
Panasports aren't that expensive compared to some of the ultra modern
rubbish sold today. On a 73 GTV, they really will look sharp. There's
also only a 1% difference in diameter between the 195-65-14 and the
195-60-15. With a 6" wide rim, a 205 will also fit, but the 195 looks a
little better, IMO. There are several suppliers that can set you up with
Panasports. Paul Spruell Alfa is one.

I've run the A509's on my GTV, and the AVIDs on a family car. I really
prefer the AVSi's. I just don't think you'd be too happy with the AVID.

paucity n - 1: smallness of number: FEWNESS 2: smallness of quantity: DEARTH