Should I change cam followers?

In no.1140, Marty wrote that he had a used Euro cam (10548) to fit to his =
car, and wondered if he should resurface or replace the cam followers when =
installing the cam.  I'd be interested to hear too..... I re-cammed an =
Alfetta and an Alfasud a few years ago and just kept the old followers in =
both cases, with no ill effects (not that I know of so far, anyway...!!!). =
The reason I didn't change followers was that, at about that time, there =
was I think quite a discussion on the Digest about this very thing, and if =
I recall correctly the opinion was that while follower change is manadatory=
 for your average pushrod banger, for OHC Alfas it was not required. =
Whether the reason was the hardness and quality of Alfa materials or the =
use of the OHC layout, I don't recall.=20

I hope I'm not just imagining all this!
Anyway my new cams and old followers are still going strong and they see =
plenty of red line!

Best regards,
Graham in NZ
(71 GTV, 77 Alfetta, 82-82-84 Alfasuds).