Wandering fuel gauges

As a way to damp the motion of swaying petrol gauges, Rich wondered if it =
might be worthwhile to install an RC circuit with a long time constant to =
see if this helps. Well some years ago I tried this on my GTV..... well =
actually all I did was hang a big electrolytic cap straight across the =
sender; sorry can't recall how big, but probably just a good few thousand =
microfarads according to what I could find in the junkbox that day.  As I =
recall, it did help somewhat, but I haven't driven that car for ages so I =
can't be really sure how effective it was. But give it a go...... it'll =
only take 5 mins to try so nothing to lose. =20

Best regards,
Graham in NZ
(77 Alfetta, 82-82-84 Alfasuds,=20
& 71 GTV - awaiting suspension rebuild before fit to drive much).