Should I change cam followers?

Greetings from Australia,

First thanks to all the people who responded to my question on installing
the cigarette seals.
I installed them last night after freezing them for 24hours. I lubricated
them with Slick 50 lubricant and tapped them in using a sleeve of tubing the
same size as the seals. They tapped down fairly easily and now stand just
slightly proud of the metal. Both the factory and Haynes manual say to cut
them off level with the metal but anecdotal reports suggest this is a
mistake. What are the experts thoughts?.

I also have a used euro cam (5048 ??) and matching distributor which I have
been told will be a vast improvement over my standard SPICA US cam. Should I
resurface or replace the cam followers if I install this second hand cam?. I
know you should do it with reground cams.

Does anyone know the changes in advance curves between the SPICA US
distributor and the Euro one?.

The Spica has been replaced with Dellorto carbs. Not much Spica expertise in
Newcastle Australia.

Thanks for your help.

Marty Wilson