General Questions and Supper

Hi All

Just a couple of questions.  First, proper engine oil over the winter.  I
assumed the proper procedure was to fill up the gas tank, add stabilizer and
some oil, head to local garage and change the oil and filter, wash the car
and park it in a heated garage under a blanket (in neutral with the brakes
off so that the car can be rolled weekly), remove the battery and trickle
charge it as needed.  Then in the spring, install the battery, check
everything that moves, should move or is fastened, turn the engine over a
few times to build up oil pressure, start the car and head for the garage
for a second oil change.

Some people change to oil twice (pre and post winter storage) putting in the
same - expensive - Agip oil, this is expensive and may be wasteful.  Others
put in cheap stuff for storage (non-synthetic) and then back to Agip for
spring driving.  Others change the oil pre storage and drive with it come
springs.  Comments?

Next question.

I read a number of people talking about plugs in what I thought was in
relation of going from Spica to Webers.  I thought the plugs were to fill
the holes left by the injector nozzles, but looking at my car it appears
that the injects are in the (mounting) manifold, not the head.  When adding
Webers I understood that a new manifold was required.  So what are the plugs
for?  Did I miss something (not for the first time) in the discussions?

Supper.

The Ottawa Chapter of the Alfa Romeo Club of Canada is having its annual Pot
Luck Supper at Jack Livingstone's on November 20th.  Get your recipe book
out and contact Jack or your phoner and let them know if you will be
attending and the delight you will be bringing.

Regards

Kim

Centre for Economic Analysis - Canada Inc.
http://www.home.istar.ca/~boydell