RE: 74 GTV FAQ

Thanks, Jay, for the kind evaluation... but
"infamous school bus yellow?" Sigh. "Autumn Gold,"
please! (Though some know that I use the affectionate
"Old Yellow.")

Many on the digest have cited the plus features of
the '69 (sweet 1750 engine, clean front end, gasket windshield,
interior style, particularly the seats, and so on...).
Many also have cited the minus features (dual booster brakes,
rare floor pedals and associated master cylinders,
early Spica, and I can't remember others). Then we get to
many fine points (left-handed wheel stud threads, stud length,
rear seat belts, package shelf dimensions, and so on.)
Judgement? Not for me to make, hopelessly biased as I
am after 30 years with the 1750!

The main 1750 parts I have worried about are the brake
and clutch master cylinders and the boosters. But I did
pack away new master cylinders about 15 years ago as
insurance (though it appears the clutch cylinder may be
available again?). And I have put boosters on my Christmas
list as I understand they are getting rare.

Good thing, perhaps, that I packed cylinders away, as I just
discovered my 30 year old clutch cylinder dripping... now
all I have to do is keep soaking threads in Liquid Wrench until
I get the thing off.

Back to lurking and soaking...

Jack Rugh, Baltimore MD
'69 GT Veloce