Yet another casualty of the disposable age

Here's another one you can chalk up to progress. I took the heater core
out of my '67 GTV over the weekend to have a pesky leak repaired. The
local radiator shop is shut down, and about to go out of business. The
old guy sitting around the shop said the radiator repair business started
a nose dive when plastic radiators came out. By now, most of the cars
with repairable radiators are either junk, or in the hands of lunatics
like us who want to keep them going forever. In any case, there isn't
enough repair business left to keep all those cleaning tanks hot and all
those torches ready. Any car repair place can unbolt one piece of crappy
plastic and bolt in a replacement. There's no need for artists in solder
and brass anymore. This is Milpitas Radiator that's down for the count,
BTW, for SF Bay area folks. Another one bites the dust.