Milano power steering

Greetings all.

I have a question for automatic Milano owners.  The small tube that used to
sit vertically in the power steering/self leveling fluid reservoir (located
at the front of the engine compartment) has come loose.   It just floats
around in the reservoir.  It's just a small detail, and so far no problems
with the car, but I just want to make sure it's not gonna cause problems
latter.  Should I try to take it out of the reservoir, or try to put it back
where it belongs?  Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Peter
LA