Spider warning lights

I am trying to figure out why I am getting intermittent warning lights on
my '86 Spider Veloce. While driving, the water temp and the brake warning
lights will come on together and stay illuminated for a short period of
time and then for no discernable reason they will both go out together.
The engine temp gauge is giving a normal reading. I checked for brake
leaks and topped up the brake fluid reservoir for good measure. My 164
used to give funky temperature readings if there was air in the cooling
system, so I bled the cooling system. I also disconnected the battery and
reconnected after about 5 minutes just in case there was something weird
in the control module. Any suggestions?

Sid
Houston