Re: Help! Spider burning oil??

>>The car has been consuming alarming quantities of oil since the day
I got it. I'm talking about a quart of oil for every 250 miles.

My car 85 spider has been consuming oil at between 1qt every 250-400
miles for quite few years now. It runs beautiful, in fact it runs
better than most other spiders I have driven. I have been afraid to do
anything since it is running so well but I may have to so that it can
pass emmisions inspection next March. To make a long story short my
car has the smae symptons as yours vitually no smoke but a lot of
black oily soot out the muffler and has run great for years. The only
problem I have noticed is I can't use golden lodges anymore because
they foul to quickly. (But maybe I could try now that I replaced the
coil with a new one ;-)

ciao

sixto
Sixto A. Gonzalez
National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center      787-878-2612x252
Arecibo Observatory                           787-878-1861(fax)
HC3 Box 53995
Arecibo Puerto Rico 00612
sixto@domain.elided