Re: European Car Mag

> ------------------------------
>
> In the november issue they wrap up their Volvo wagon peice. At the very end
> they ask for ideas for a low-buck spruce up. I would think a three liter
> milano would fit the bill perfectly. Get the car for 3000 and send another
> 35 on wheels, tires, suspension, exhaust and a good paint job and call her
> done. You could swap the paint for abs removal but that might be more than
> the magazine could handle. :-)
>
> Carson Damm
> Ft. McMurray, Alberta
> Canada
>
> 1977 Spider
> 1987 Milano Platinum

    Wasn't there a thread awhile back about someone putting a Volvo engine in a Milano?  I think doing the transplant the otherway around is a bit more
respectable.    The best "low buck" spuce up would be the transplant of a Ford V8 into the Volvo.  I just got an 85 Volvo 760 with this transplant done, and it
turns the sedate Volvo into one spicy swedish meatball!  Knocks your maturity level down just enough to make burnouts fun, and you find yourself in constant
search for Mustangs and Camaros at stoplights.
    Alfa content:  The Volvo's main purpose in life is to tow the Spider race car.

Mark Kingsbury
Gainesville, GA

Mine -- 84 GTV-6 Maratona
~ROMAN RACING~ 82 Spider SCCA ITB