Re: Spider power window problems

Windows, windows!! So many problems with windows, you would think Alfas
were designed by Microsoft! This time it was Glenn Wasserman who asked:

> While I haven't taken the door panel off (I'm afraid I will never get it
>  back on the way it should be), I can tell you that when the window goes up
>  halfway it frequently grinds to a halt. Sometimes if I take my finger off
>  the switch and then press it again, the window continues upward (slowly),
>  after a "pop" sound, and at that point, the window actually looks crooked
as
>  it goes up. Comparing it to the drivers side, it appears to be out of
>  alignment.

In repairing mine (see my post from a few days ago), I had the same alignment
problem with the left window. It went up and down great, but would wobble as
it traveled (especially up), and then cluck at one end or the other. The
cables were loose -- very loose. Adjusted those and tweaked the alignment of
the window tracks, and now it glides perfectly.

About your door lever... might be interference from an out of alignment
window track. Or maybe just needs a shot of WD-40 up inside.

As much as you fear opening up your door panels, I think you should resign
yourself to it. Seems as if the problems lurk inside.

Good luck.

Bob Rice
Tampa
86 Spider (with at least one window that works great)

End of alfa-digest V7 #1110