Spider power window problems

Well I don't know about you all, but I know I've got a similar problem on my
'93 Spider and I don't think the above problem is electrical - I think it
might be mechanical.

While I haven't taken the door panel off (I'm afraid I will never get it
back on the way it should be), I can tell you that when the window goes up
halfway it frequently grinds to a halt. Sometimes if I take my finger off
the switch and then press it again, the window continues upward (slowly),
after a "pop" sound, and at that point, the window actually looks crooked as
it goes up. Comparing it to the drivers side, it appears to be out of
alignment.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), this is the same door (passenger side) where
the interior door handle (the lever) does NOT spring back into position, and
must manually be pushed back, otherwise the door won't shut.

- -Glenn

'93 Spider Veloce
'87 Milano Verde (FS)
'99 Contour SVT