servicing in new york city

greetings.

i've come to not trust my alfa's former owner's mechanic on the west side
of manhattan (tried to charge me $105 for a $65 in-tank fuel pump), but i
do need someone in the new york city area to take care of basic repairs. i
live downtown, would love to hear about dependable mechanics within
manhattan or just over the river in new jersey.

also, i need to do some major detailing on the car: address a few dings,
paint touch ups, etc. plus i need some parts totally painted. any
suggestions about reliable body/detailing shops in or near manhattan would
be most appreciated.

thank you to everyone who sent info about hardtops. i'm getting close. but
i need info on mechanics in the area to do the installation....

cheerio.

lucy
86 spider graduate

End of alfa-digest V7 #1108