105 driveline vibs

Mike Grace,
Sorry I didn't follow your previous thread on your driveshaft vibration
problem.  But from what you stated in A-D V7#1103, it occurred to me that
you just might have overlooked the bushing wear on the end of the short
drive shaft, where it rides on the ball end of the output shaft from your
transmission.  This joint cannot be lubricated after assembly.  It is
subject to wear, and if the wear is more than a few thousandths of an inch
it will cause vibration (oscillation) of the donut.  If you are lucky the
ball is ok and all you have to make is a new bushing or find a better
condition drive shaft.  Always reassemble with the best grease.  I use
lubriplate with graphite.
Cheers, Peter