AutoX at Nazareth with 1993 Spider

Well last Saturday was my first Autocross... I took the '93 Spider and had a
blast.

For those who have never done it, I would say, don't hesitate - it's only
$20 (as good as free, in my mind) and they even lend you a helmet.

My friend (experienced autocrosser w/Miata) and I showed up early at 8:00
AM. We registered and watched the cars roll in. Some interesting vehicles...
people will autocross anything!!

Some of the fastest time of the day were by drivers in cars such as RX-7
Twin Turbo, and track-prepped MR2s. Also, a 70-something Scirocco was
prepped out and was a real screamer.

Among the Novice drivers, I timed in pretty well - but didn't win. But the
bottom line is, I had a blast of a time and I will get better.

For those concerned about safety (I was), don't be. The fastest you go is
probably something like 40-50mph (who has time to look at the speedometer?)
and you can nail cones, or even spin and not worry about bending the car or
yourself.

There are also some pretty funny moments when (as a beginner, it's
inevitable) you get confused and lost in the cones... drop your
concentration for a second, pass a gate or cone, and then all of a sudden
the cones in front of you just look like  a bunch of cones in random order,
instead of a series of gates, turns and slaloms.

I had a blast in the Spider, and I plan on doing this again. If the Spider
is in the shop, I'll even take my new Contour SVT!!!

Thanks,
- -Glenn
'93 Spider Veloce
'87 Milano Verde - For Sale!
'99 Contour SVT - Contour thinks it's an Alfa!
'98 Integra - also might be fun for autox... ? :-)