RE: help, no ignition on 85 alfa spider

>Subject: help, no ignition on 85 alfa spider

>I am having a problem with my 85 alfa spider.
>so I went ahead and bought a new one (ed. coil)
>my local 'european' car shop and they think it is one of the flywheel
>sensors, they are checking to see which one right now.

>sixto

My 84 spider had a bad reference point sensor.  I got plenty of crank but no
spark.  I also changed out the coil first....(shame on me)

The difference is that if either of the sensors go bad, the car will not run at
all.  There is the potential for a bad or dirty connection between the sensor
and the ECU....  The connectors on mine were just forward of the windshield
washer reservoir.   They are easy to check with an Ohm meter.  I think the
correct value is in the 200-600 ohn range, but the failure mode is open.  You
could compare the two and get an idea....

Write me if you want more info....

Nick
'84 spider Veloce
Apex, NC