magnecor and other coil covers

> For anyone who has replaced their stock GTV6/Milano wires with the Magnecor
> wires (maybe it's the same problem with all aftermarket wires)  -  The
> replacement wires don't have the rubber cover that goes over the distributor cap
> (It actually goes over the end of the hard plastic shroud that snaps around the
> distributor).  What have you all done about this cover?  Just leave it off and
> don't worry about it?
>
> Michael Conrey
> Myersville, MD

It is typically discarded. No adverse effects. If you want to be extra
cautious, you might spray a little clear grease or pet. jelly over the
connections if moisture is a concern... I have had no reports of any
problem from omission of the rubber cover, but it could be reused with
some Xacto knife surgery.

AlfaBill
Big time Magnecor pusher and user
http://mastroalfa.com/magnecor.htm
- --
AlfaBill
Mastro Alfa Romeo / Subaru Inc. 800.683.ALFA
Home of SuperPro Polyurethane bushings and Magnecor Wires
Tampa Florida USA