RE: Milano ABS

I agree ... it sounds like your ABS pump isn't working (symptoms: rock ha=
rd
pedal, looong stopping distance). I had this very thing happen 5 years ag=
on the way home from work during the  first mile of 20 mile commute;
ultra-long stopping distances can really make for a hairy trip! To make a=

long story short, under the hood near the pump there is a so-called fusib=
le
link (thin strip of metal with terminals at either end that acts like a
fuse) in circuit that supplies power to pump.  Due to vibrations and salt=

corrosion, the link had cracked.  Very easy repair but took a while to
isolate.

Paul Bowman
'88 Milano Verde
'86 Spider Veloce