Re: Milano ABS

Mike writes:

<< On my way to lunch today, the brake warning light came on and I had a
rock-hard
 pedal and little stopping power in my 1987 Milano Verde.  Fluid level and
pads
 are OK.  I've spoken to Alfabill and looked at the wiring diagram, hoping it
 might be as simple as a fuse, connection or relay.  I've not really spent
much
 time under the hood yet.  My initial question is, where are all the fuses and
 relays for the ABS situated? Once I find them, I can start troubleshooting.

Rock hard pedal sounds to me like a pump problem. The fuses are located
behind the fuse panel in the dash. There is one screw at the bottom center of
the fuse panel. Remove the screw and pivot out the fuse panel. The relays and
fuses are behind and above the fuse panel. Before you do this check the power
connector on the ABS pressure pump. It is the lower of the two connectors. It
does NOT lock in place and I have had it loosen enough so that the pump
doesn't run giving the same symptoms.

John Katos
87 Platinum