RE: Milano Questions

At 01:49 PM 10/8/99 -0400, RPOETSCH@domain.elided wrote:
>- Water pumps -- they're good for 30K, 35K tops.

i've seen them last longer, but -- and this is important --
changing a
water pump is also time to change the timing belt, and check the
condition
of the tensioner.

- ----------------------------

You're right! My waterpump Milano's is about 50K miles old. The
bearing is totally shot now (actually it has been shot for about
a month now 8-) ). I'll hopefully be able to  replace it
tomorrow. On the average, 35-40K miles I would think.

The question is, can a 164 waterpump be used on the Milano? There
are many things the 164 has that we can use. The shroud and fan
fits with minor mods and I think the next thing I wanna adapt to
is the PS pump. I won't pay $300 for a refurbished pump. I would
gladly pay someone to fabricate a bracket so that I can use the
164 PS pump in my Milano. They are smaller and would probably
last longer too. Any takers? New 164 pumps are only $300+.

Zamani