RE: Milano Questions

Chip-

Welcome to the world of Milanos.  You shouldn't have too many problems
finding the light assemblies you mentioned, although they will likely be
expensive.  In the Sept. Alfa Owner there was a listing for verde parts but I
can't seem to locate the number. You can try wrecking yards, but it's tough
to get good stuff as most people are doing the same.

On the rear exhaust, you can go with Stebro which runs $175. Their number is
888-878-3276.  I fitted an Ansa and have no complaints about fit and
finish--ran about the same price. Call AR Ricambi at 800-225-2532.

As for Milano weak links, there are many, but if you maintain your car, you
shouldn't be stranded anywhere.  Following are some the repairs I've done on
my Verde which seem to be relatively common:

- - Leaky timing belt tensioner (solution: rebuild or replace with mechanical
type)
- - Driveline donuts -- you'll know they're shot when the car idles rough
(solution: replace 'em all)
- - Electrical grounds -- they have a tendency to corrode.  check area near
fire wall and up front by driver's headlight
- - Water pumps -- they're good for 30K, 35K tops.
- - Valve guides -- tend to leak

Good luck and have fun!

Rob Poetsch
'89 Verde