re: Nuerburgring

>Was wondering if anyone on the list has driven at the Nuerburgring
>Nordschleife in recent years under their 'open to the public' policy?

You have been in the US too long. Peter. The N=FCrburgring truly has an Open
to the Public Policy.

you must have these things to drive:

Car.
Seatbelts.
Money (not much 12Dm I think...)
Very heavy right shoe.

If you are on a bike:
helmet.
leathers.
money.
good life insurance.

I have driven the course twice. it is the most fabulous experience. I was
just there this summer for the Old-timers races (on the grand prix course)
and the Nordschleife was very crowded...and closed an awful lot as they
scraped motorcycle leather off the pavement continually. I finally had to
leave w/o my fix. :-(

Weekdays are the quietest. If you can spare the time (and the wear on the
car) take more than one lap. FULL THROTTLE through the Karousel.

Michael Williams
VP, DSARC
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto 4cyl.