[none]

George Hovis asked:
I am considering replacing my clutch master cylinder myself
(semi-skilled, novice mechanic).  Questions:
a)  Is this a good project for a beginner?
***Yes. a few simple connections to break/make. Do you have tools?
b)  Does someone have any tips/instructions on the web?
***Got a manual? If not, get one!
c)  Does one routinely replace the slave along with the master cylinder
or is there even a slave I need to replace in a '74 GTV?
*** If the master needs replacing the slave could also. How do you know the MC
DOES need replacing? If the car has a clutch master cylinder, there MUST be a
slave cylinder. Otherwise you would have a mechanically operated clutch, with
NO cylinder, master or slave. Have you tried bleeding the clutch hydraulic
system? (Again, see the manual; you MUST turn the slave cylinder so that the
bleed nipple is upright. The slave will be on the left side of the bellhousing
(assuming a left hand drive car) with a metal tube going into it at the rear of
the cylinder.
Good luck,
Len