87 Spider woes

Just home from a wonderful Fall tour across the Cascades with NWARC.  We
found some nice roads, and those who wanted managed to give their passion
some "Italian tuning."  Four problems exist in the Spider that I could use
some help with.

The primary one, which you folks can't help with is that "she who writes the
checks" does not want me to sell/buy Alfas at this time, so I _must_ fix what
I have (not too bad in itself).    :^)

The second issue is that the fine line in the exhaust downpipes that I had
thought was a casting error, is apparently, a minor crack.  Two small points
show discoloration apparently evident that exhaust gases are escaping.  Is
there a cheap repair for this, or should I count on replacing the header?
Stock - or do I gain any performance by replacing with an aftermarket header
going into the stock exhaust system.  Eventually I would like to replace the
stock exhaust with Stebro or Anza.

Number three - the tach doesn't display about about 3200 rpm, no matter how
high I rev.  And it takes a long time to get there.  It reads low all the way
through the rpm range.  Remove and send to Palo Alto, or is there someplace
that I might look first and find a bad connection?

And finally - the center support bearing is bad, causing the drive shaft to
"thump" the tunnel.  I have an extra drive shaft.   Is it easier and more
desireable to renew the extra driveshaft and replace the existing, or is
there something inherently individual about the shaft that is presently doing
the job.  I'm thinking that I can continue to drive the car while I get the
replacement shaft fixed, and the car (and I) might not suffer so much down
time.

As always - Thanks for the help

Gordy Hyde
NWARC