RE: Milano springs

<<I want to replace the rear springs in my 87 Milano. I don't want it to
bottom
out with a load and I don't want it to be too stiff for comfort. I am
putting
new shocks, but I don't want to compromise comfort and take the expense of
putting on sway bars and torsion bars. I thought it would be a simple matter
of
ordering the "sport" ricambi springs, but the salesman warned me that these
are 1 1/3 inch lower than stock and may bottom out. They are 17% stiffer and
this sounds about right.Colin Verrilli>>

Colin
You already have the correct info.  By lowering the rear, you will need to
*level* the car by lowering the front torsion bars.  This will cause to
*bottom out*, not the rear.
Your exhaust manifold and the mid section are usually the victim.  But your
rear should be fine.
Jorge