Milano springs

Colin Verrilli is interested in slightly stiffer rear springs for his '87
Milano, but is concerned that Ricambi's 17% stiffer "sport" springs, 1 1/3
inch lower than stock, may bottom out under load.

I don't have a certain answer for a Milano (or GTV-6) specifically, but for
the Alfettas (all types) rear ride height was adjustable by spacers just as
both the fronts and rears were on all 750/101/105/115 Alfas, with three
different thicknesses of spacers; 11600.25528.05 is 7mm, 11600.25528.06 is
14mm, and 11600.25528.06 is 21mm. The numbers might (or might not) differ for
the later cars, but I would be very surprised if the same system did not
apply, allowing ride height adjustments in several increments of roughly 3/10
of an inch each, which should be enough of a fudge factor to allow use of the
17% stiffer "sport" springs with an appreciably more moderate lowering to
allow for running loaded.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.