Alfa grin

Goodday,
I am new proud owner of a 1970 1750GTV.  I just picked up the car 2
days ago.  I have been a lurker on the digest for 3 months now and
have decided to post my first question/comment.

People on the digest have discussed at length the merits of owning an
Alfa and have written extensively (and quite amusingly I might add)
on the question of "why an Alfa".  Writers have often referred to
something called the "Alfa grin".

After taking delivery of the GTV at the railyard and letting it warm
up sufficiently, I let a little throttle out on the expressway and
was soon traveling at about 100mph.  In the rearview mirror I noticed
I had a large grin on my face.

My Question:  Was this a real "Alfa grin"?  I assumed that the "Alfa
grin" only came from driving on "twisties" :-)  If so, does the
delightful feeling I had from just driving on the expressway have a
name?

(I don't really expect an answer...:-))

Thanks,

(still thrilled...)