Re: 164 Problem

HI chip, HI gang,

Pulling a 164 engine out is quite easy.

Some people say drop the frame (really easy), but some other say this
will throw off alignments that can never be brought back. Undo brake
lines, top of struts, top motor mount, electrics, and gas. Comes out
under car.

Pulling out without the frame is a little harder as you have to reach
the motor mount on the other side of engine. Can be done but just plain
harder. Come out from top. (watch out for dings and other related
maladies as you pull it out!)

Apart from this, remove half shafts, motor mounts (3 last time I checked
- - please correct me, if I'm wrong...), check wiring connectors, tag and
open, remove gas/water/aircon/ps connections and there you are!

BTW, I think you (and everybody else) noticed: gearbox comes along......

Paulo Ascensao
GTV6 x 3 and other Alfas. Weather is miserable. Currently driving wafu
brand new Lexus..... 4000 Km today!
Don't worry you'll get to see these baby Lexus by mid 2000! Unlike the
Alfas....baby or not...

http://homepages.msn.com/CommercialSt/alfame/index.htm