164 Problem

Can anyone help this guy? Please respond directly to him, I have no idea how
he got my e-mail address, I know nothing about 164's!

Please, help. Can't get anywhere ECU error codes for AR 164 TD Super of 1994
(engine VM08B)
After ignition "on" press accelerator 5 times quickly, then lamp flash for 1
sec (I suppose it means the system is activated), after that flashes quickly
19 times (not always, first it appiared when generator's brushes were going
to die, but after replacement it didn't disappeared). What does it mean?
This code is not always in memory.
Excuse for bad English, writing you from Russia, North Caucasus
Best regards
Igor Riazanov
troy@domain.elided

Mark Smith